Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When your home or business suffers water damage it is important not to panic. SERVPRO is the leading industry professional when it comes to water damage restoration services. What that means for you is this: Residential and commercial properties in the greater St. Charles area, including St. Peters, O’Fallon, Weldon Spring and Portage Des Sioux are in good hands.
After a water loss, make sure to give us a call as soon as possible in order that we can mitigate the damage to prevent further loss and begin the restoration process. Below are some tips about what to do after suffering commercial or residential water damage.
Don't forget, SERVPRO is available 24/7, 365 after a water loss.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (636) 926-0033
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.