Recent Cleaning Posts
Hoarding Cleanup in St. Charles
Call SERVPRO of St. Charles for hoarding cleanup solutions
When faced with a hoarding cleanup in St. Charles, effective communication with the hoarder is crucial for progress. Saying or doing the wrong thing may shut down communication and halt progress. Hoarding is a serious issue, and it should be handled with care and patience. It's important to understand the condition before addressing it to help with communication and the cleanup process.
The following "Do's and Don'ts" guide can serve as a general reference, but if you need further guidance, don't hesitate to reach out for more specific advice.
1. Connect with the hoarder: Empathize with the hoarder and let them know you'll be there for them throughout the entire cleanup process.
2. Seek professional help: Therapists who specialize in hoarding can provide more specific guidance.
3. Continuously communicate with the hoarder: Follow up on the situation to keep the hoarder motivated.
4. Discuss safety first: Reorganizing can create a safer living environment, so bring this up before discussing the removal of items.
5. Acknowledge the importance of items: Items have an emotional connection to hoarders, so approach them as important.
6.Keep the situation confidential: Promise not to discuss anything related to the hoarder's situation without their permission.
7. Ask questions respectfully: Understand the hoarder's reasons for keeping items, as they may have had a traumatic experience.
8. Promote donation: Let the hoarder know that their items will be put to better use by someone who needs them.
9. Be patient: The process should be taken one step at a time.
10. Hire a professional cleaning service: This can help the relationship with the hoarder and ensure items of value are preserved.
1. Don't judge the hoarder or make assumptions about their situation.
2. Don't discard any items without the owner's permission.
3. Don't force the hoarder to get rid of items they are attached to.
4. Don't ignore any health or safety hazards, such as mold, pests, or fire hazards. Call professionals immediately.
5. Don't ignore any legal requirements, such as obtaining proper permits or disposing of hazardous materials.
6. Don't pressure the hoarder to clean up all at once, as this can be overwhelming and lead to a relapse.
7. Don't try to clean it all by yourself, especially if the clutter is overwhelming.
If you are in need of a hoarding cleanup, call the professionals at SERVPRO of St. Charles (636) 926-0033.
Beat the Summer Heat
Think your HVAC could use a cleaning? Give us a call!
Summer is here, and if you’re like most people in the greater St. Charles, MO area, you’ve turned on your air conditioner to keep it cool indoors. Like all pieces of equipment, air conditioners run more efficiently in optimal conditions.
What can you to do make sure your AC is running smoothly?
You should make sure your air conditioner gets an annual tune up in the spring, but it’s not too late! A tune up can include tightening all electrical connections, checking the wiring, lubricating fans, and cleaning the system. You will also need to check the coolant levels. Having a professional inspect your unit in detail can help avoid problems during the busy summers.
Another important step to keeping your air conditioning working is simply keeping it clean! Make sure to check your air filter. Make sure to change your filter regularly.
You should also take the time to clean your ductwork. When the air conditioner turns on, fine particulates drift into the home and can lower your indoor air quality. This is also what goes back to your air filter. Have your airducts professionally cleaned to make your system be more energy efficient. Ductwork can also be leaky. Loose joints or damaged sections can allow cooler air to escape into unoccupied areas of your home.
SERVPRO of St. Charles City technicians routinely inspect the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit (HVAC). We will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
For more information on HVAC and air duct cleaning, call us today.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As COVID-19 cases surge again in 2022, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Call SERVPRO of St. Charles City today at 636- 926-0033 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.